OFFICIAL HOUSE RULES HWC RAFFLE
(Paris Trip for Two 2017 UWW World Championships)
- ELIGIBILITY. The “HWC Raffle – 2017 UWW World Championships” (the “Raffle”) is conducted in the State of Iowa and is only open to participants who, as of the entry date, are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees and members of the Hawkeye Wrestling Club (HWC) and their immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter.
The Rules bind every person (a “Ticket Holder”) who buys or holds a Raffle ticket. By purchasing or holding a ticket, each Ticket Holder agrees (a) to be bound by these Rules and (b) that HWC’s interpretation and application of these Rules is conclusive and final.
2. LICENSE. The Raffle is conducted by the Hawkeye Wrestling Club, Inc (the “Organization”). The address at which the Organization may be contacted is: Hawkeye Wrestling Club, 308 E. Burlington, Iowa City, IA 52240.
3. HOW TO ENTER/RAFFLE DATE AND PERIOD.
a. Sales and Sales Period. All ticket sales will cease at 11:59PM (CST) on July 28th, 2017. All Raffle ticket sales are final.
The Entry Deadline for the Raffle is as referenced on the Official Raffle Page. However, HWC, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as HWC, in its sole discretion, determines to be necessary, extend the Entry Deadline from the original time and date of the original Entry Deadline by changing the Entry Deadline on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Entry Deadline.
Eligible Ticket Purchasers may purchase Raffle tickets online at www.hwcdonor.com/paris or in person at publicized venues. Eligible Ticket Purchasers may also make a ticket reservation by emailing email@example.com. At the time of purchase, Eligible Ticket Purchasers must provide their name, address, email address, phone number, and payment which may include credit card number, credit card security code and expiration date, and such other information as HWC may require. Eligible Ticket Purchasers may not purchase tickets by email or voice mail. All entries must include payment by cash, check, money order, or credit card.
Tickets will be distributed and ticket numbers will be assigned in the order that payment is received. All payments will be deposited upon receipt. HWC reserves the right to reject any entry form that it deems defective, illegible, ineligible, or submitted without “good funds.”
HWC will not mail Raffle tickets to Ticket Holders. Raffle tickets purchased online will be issued and transmitted to the Ticket Holder as set forth in paragraph 3(c), Electronic Signature & Digital Tickets, below. Hard copies of official tickets shall be provided to those Eligible Ticket Purchasers who purchase Raffle tickets in person and are otherwise available upon request.
b. Purchase Requirements and Prices. Raffle tickets will be sold as described below. Only one (1) ticket is required to be purchased by an eligible individual to enter the Raffle; however, there is no limit to the number of Raffle tickets an eligible individual may purchase.
One (1) Raffle ticket is purchased for a price of $200.
Five (5) Raffle tickets are purchased for a total price of $800.
Ten (10) Raffle tickets are purchased for a total price of $1500.
Twenty (20) Raffle tickets are purchased for a total price of $2500.
c. Electronic Signature & Digital Tickets: Ticket Holders purchasing online by selecting “Checkout” and typing your electronic signature (which is equivalent to a written signature) acknowledge that he or she has read the Official Rules of this Raffle, and agrees that by submitting the order form, he or she will be contractually bound by the Official Rules of this Raffle upon acceptance of the Ticket Holder’s order by HWC. Furthermore, the Ticket Holder also acknowledges and agrees that by clicking the “I Agree” box on the order form and by entering his or her electronic signature on the order form and submitting the order form to HWC, that the Ticket Holder will have affixed his or her electronic signature to the order form, certifying that he or she has read the “Official Rules” of this Raffle, and that he or she agrees to be bound by them. The Ticket Holder also acknowledges and agrees that all Raffle tickets issued pursuant to this Raffle online will be digital tickets (“Digital Tickets”), and that no paper tickets will be issued for Raffle tickets purchased online. Each Digital Ticket issued shall have the electronic signature of the President of HWC affixed to it, at the time such Digital Ticket is issued.
- Raffle Ticket Retention. A Raffle ticket purchaser will be given the Raffle ticket(s) at the time of purchase. The Raffle ticket stub will be retained by the Organization. Digital Tickets records will be maintained by HWC.e. Valid Payment. Raffle tickets may be purchased by cash, checks or money order (made payable to HWC). Should the purchaser’s check not be honored by the bank, the ticket will become void and withdrawn from the drawing. By IRS declaration, ticket purchases for valuable prizes are not eligible for charitable tax deductions.4. DRAWING; NOTIFICATION; REDEMPTION; VERIFICATION ODDS.a. Drawing and Notification. One (1) winning Raffle ticket will be randomly drawn by the Organization and streamed live on HWC Facebook page at 2:00PM (CST) on July 31st, 2017. The Raffle Winner does not need to be present to win. The Raffle winner will be posted on the HWC website. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced winning Raffle ticket number and the actual winning Raffle ticket number, the actual number will be considered to be the valid and winning ticket number. The Prize Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official House Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
In the event a Raffle Winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within two (2) calendar days, fails to otherwise qualify for the prize and /or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing.
The Drawing Date for the Raffle is as referenced on the Official Raffle Page and the time shall be determined by HWC. However, HWC, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as HWC, in its sole discretion, determines it to be necessary, extend the Drawing Date from the original Drawing Date by changing the Drawing Date on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Drawing Date.
The Raffle prize (the “Prize”) consists of and is limited to a trip for two to the 2017 UWW World Championships in Paris, France.
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official House Rules, a check in the amount of the Prize, less any withholding or other taxes or assessments required or permitted to be withheld by the Organization under applicable federal, state or local laws or rules will be mailed to the Prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) within thirty (30) days after the Organization has verified the winning Raffle ticket and the Prize Winner has satisfied all terms and conditions of these Official House Rules, including return of all forms and documents, as defined in Section 4(b) below, to the Organization. The Prize Winner is required to be at least eighteen (18) years of age and may be required to withhold federal taxes in accordance with IRS regulations, and will do so as a pre-condition of receiving the Prize money.
Prize Winner is otherwise solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, additional taxes, or expenses associated with the Prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the Prize. Prize Winner will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the amount of the Prize, whichever is applicable.
- Redemption. The potential Raffle Winner will be required to provide to the Organization (A) the original winning Raffle ticket (facsimiles, photocopies, scans and mechanically-reproduced Raffle tickets are not eligible), (B) an IRS Form W-9 in the form provided by the Organization and (C) when applicable, an IRS Form W-2G and/or Form 1042S (requires two forms of identification) in the form provided by the Organization. The IRS Form W-9, and if applicable the Form W-2G must be executed and delivered at the time of surrender of the original winning Raffle ticket.c. Verification. The winning Raffle ticket is subject to verification at the sole discretion of the Organization. Raffle tickets that are stolen, counterfeit, fraudulent, tampered with, defective, illegible, reproduced (including without limitation, copies), mutilated, or altered are not eligible. Only Raffle tickets obtained as described in these Official House Rules shall be deemed to have been obtained legitimately. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used for verification purposes. Raffle tickets will be void if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures, or, if determined by the Organization to be unauthorized, ineligible, illegitimately obtained, or if they contain an unauthorized message, code, number or other marking not issued by the Organization for use in the Raffle, or if they contain printing, typographical or other mechanical errors or are printed or produced in error, or are illegible, or unreadable or blank. The Organization shall have no liability or obligation to the holder of any void Raffle ticket. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Organization may, at its sole discretion and without obligation, elect to replace a void Raffle ticket with another one upon request. The Organization reserves the right to inspect and examine any void Raffle ticket prior to issuing a replacement. Replacements will be issued at the Organization’s sole discretion and will be denied in the event of non-compliance with these Official House Rules. The Organization is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen Raffle tickets, and will not replace lost, damaged or stolen Raffle tickets.d. Surrender. If the potential Prize Winner does not surrender the original winning Raffle ticket to the Organization or execute and deliver to the Organization an IRS Form W-9 or W-2G, as applicable, as provided above before the end of the Prize Expiration Date, or if the potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential Prize Winner does not comply with the Official House Rules, or if the Prize check is returned as undeliverable, then the potential Prize Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.e. Multiple Prize Winners – Mistake. If by reason of printing or other error, more than one Prize winning Raffle ticket number is claimed in this Raffle, all eligible participants making purportedly valid claims for the Prize will be included in a random drawing to award the Prize. No more than one (1) Prize will be awarded in the Raffle. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Raffle, each Raffle ticket purchaser fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official House Rules and the decisions of the Organization (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of Raffle tickets, the verification of the winning Raffle ticket, and the redemption and award of the Prize), which are final and binding in all respects.6. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Raffle constitutes the Prize Winner’s consent to use by the HWC (and their respective designees, successors and assigns) of the Prize Winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.7. GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Organization reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Raffle process or the operation of the Raffle or to be acting in violation of these Official House Rules, or Iowa statute or rule. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Raffle is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, the Organization will contact law enforcement and reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By purchasing a Raffle ticket, the participant agrees that the Organization is not responsible for (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected Raffle tickets or redemption/claim requests or Raffle ticket or redemption/claim requests received or presented through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) unauthorized intervention in any part of the Raffle process or the Raffle; or (c) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Raffle or the processing of Raffle tickets or redemption/claim requests.9. OFFICIAL HOUSE RULES. These Official House Rules are available and posted at the Dan Gable Wrestling Complex and on www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com
- WINNER’S LIST. To request the Prize Winner’s name, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to ” HWC Raffle – 2017 UWW World Championships – Winner List Request,” c/o Hawkeye Wrestling Club, 308 E. Burlington, Iowa City, IA 5224011. NET RAFFLE PROCEEDS. All proceeds from the Raffle benefit the Hawkeye Wrestling Club and Thomas Gilman as he represents Team USA at the 2017 UWW World Championships in Paris, France.
- PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE. If you have a gambling problem, you may call 1-800-BETS OFF for help.
One thought on “WIN a Paris Trip for Two to the 2017 UWW World Championships”
[…] the opportunity to watch Gilman compete in France by following this link (more info on IAwrestle here) and purchasing a raffle ticket that includes two round trip tickets, five nights in a hotel, and […]
Comments are closed.