Iowa AAU Kids State Tournament
Feb. 26th & 27th, 2022 Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines
State Qualifying District Tournaments
February 6th, 2022
Find all state information regarding AAU HERE
Divisions and Weight Classes
(All Wrestlers Weigh in Singlet at Districts & State)
- Weights listed are the upper limits for each class. You must make the same weight at state as the weight class in which you qualified at Districts.
- Wrestlers are allowed to enter only one age division and weight class. Wrestlers can move up one grade division or weight class with parent consent. Grade in school is the primary determinant of division. Age can move a wrestler up a division but not down.
- Match Times: A & B Divisions: 1-1-1 C Division: 1.5-1.5-1.5
A Division – 3RD & 4TH Grade: 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 70, 74, 78, 82, 86, 90, 94, 98, 105, 115, 130, 150, 175(MAX)
If your 12th birthday is in 2022 you must move up a division. 2nd graders may enter with parent consent. NO 1st graders
B Division – 5TH & 6TH Grade: 60, 65, 70, 74, 78, 82, 86, 90, 94, 98, 103, 108, 114, 120, 128, 138, 148, 160, 180, 215(MAX)
If your 14th birthday is in 2022 you must move up a division.
C Division – 7TH & 8TH Grade: 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 260 (MAX)
If your 16th birthday is in 2022 you are ineligible. No 9th Graders.
Brackets & Match Times
Districts: 6 or less wrestlers: Round Robin. Above six wrestlers brackets will be 8, 16, or 32 man cross bracket. Wrestlers will be assigned by random draw and wrestlers from the same club will be separated as much as possible. We wrestle out to 5th place. No 2nd place wrestle back. Will wrestle to true 4th.
Top 4 finishers at each weight qualify for state. If any of the top 4 do not signup, next in order of finish become eligible.
State: Wrestlers are placed in a bracket according to a rotating formula using district finishes. Wrestle through 8 places. No 2nd place wrestle back.
Top 4 medal at Districts. Top 8 medal at State. State Champions Earn Customized Gear
AAU Club awards at state based on club size.
- Must bring 2022 AAU card to District Tournament.
- All AAU cards must be purchased prior to Districts—NOT sold at door. Purchase online at: www.aausports.org.
- You must bring a copy of your Birth Certificate to districts to be allowed to wrestle. AAU card is not proof of age.
- Team you register to wrestle for at Districts is same team you will wrestle for at State. You cannot change after Districts.
- $20.00 entry fee if register in advance at: www.trackwrestling.com
- $30.00 to enter at door. NO Mail In Entries
- District Admission: $5.00 adults. Free for kids 5 & under.
- Coaches: AAU (adult) card will get you free admission to districts. Coaches band is $10.
- $35.00 Entry Fee for State Qualifiers
- Must enter for State at Districts on the day you qualify. State info will be given at districts once you qualify.
- Saturday Feb. 26th: A & B Divisions start at 8 AM C Division starts at approximately 3 PM
- Sunday Feb. 27th: All Divisions: Grand March at 8:00 AM and Wrestling Starts at 8:30 AM
*****AAU card required to coach at State & Districts
Questions: Email Wes Creason at: email@example.com
- Wrestlers must provide copy of AAU Card and Birth Certificate at Districts.
- No Wrestlers below 2nd grade at Districts
- No individual petition to change district or wrestle outside your district will granted for any reason.
- AAU clubs must be on file by districts to be eligible for team awards at state.
- You must enter district qualifier for your county of residence unless your school is in another district in which case you may enter district tournament that your school is in. In this case you must have copy of your report card as proof of your school.
- You must be an Iowa resident or be enrolled in an Iowa school to be eligible. Bring proof of enrollment if not an Iowa resident.
- Siblings from the same household must wrestle in the same district.
- All AAU club members must register at districts to represent your club at state.
- All wrestlers must weigh in wearing a singlet. If you weigh more or less than the weight class you registered for via TrackWrestling for districts, you can change weight classes at the tournament during weigh ins.
- Any violation of age, grade, or residence requirement will result in disqualification for the state tournament.
District Qualifying Sites
- Sites are listed below: Note That Some Counties Have Changed District Sites for 2022
- You can only attempt to qualify at your district (county where you live or you go to school) not the county in which your club is located
- Find your district and register at: www.trackwrestling.com
- Deadline to Register on Trackwrestling: Friday, February 5th at Midnight
- Do NOT mail entry. $20.00 online entry; $30.00 walk in
- Pay Attention to the Weigh In Times For Your District
|District 1 – Northwest Long Lines Rec Center
Weigh in time: All Grades from 7-8 AM 401 Gordon Dr.
Sioux City, IA 51102
Contact: Scott Wirtz
Phone: 712-298-0936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Includes counties of: Buena Vista, Cherokee, Clay, Dickinson, Emmet, Ida,
Lyon, O’Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Plymouth, Pocahontas, Sac
Sioux, and Woodbury.
|District 5 – East Bettendorf HS
Weigh in time: Grades 3-6 from 7-8 AM 3333 18th St
Grades 7-8 from Noon – 1:00 PM Bettendorf, IA 52722
Contact: Mark or Kathy Trizzino email@example.com
Phone: 563-349-4245 [C]
Includes counties of: Cedar, Clinton, Dubuque, Jackson, Louisa,
Muscatine, and Scott
|District 2 – North Central Humboldt High School
Weigh in time: All Grades from 7-8 AM 1500 Wildcat Rd
Humboldt, IA 50548
Contact: Chad Beaman
Phone: 515-368-3511 firstname.lastname@example.org
Includes these counties: Boone, Calhoun, Franklin, Greene, Hamilton,
Hancock, Hardin, Humboldt, Kossuth, Marshall, Story, Webster, Winnebago, Worth and Wright
|District 6 – Southeast Washington High School
Weigh in time: Grades 3-6 from 7-8 AM 1111 South B Ave.
Grades 7-8 from 1:00-1:30 PM Washington, IA 52353
Contact: Mike Bowlin Southeastdistrict6@aol.com
Includes these counties: Appanoose, Davis, Des Moines, Henry, Jasper, Jefferson, Keokuk, Lee, Mahaska, Marion, Monroe, Poweshiek, Van Buren,
Wapello, and Washington
|District 3 – Northeast Waverly-Shell Rock HS
Weigh in time: All Grades from 7-8 AM 1405 4th Ave SW
Waverly, IA 50677
Contact: Zach Zimmerman Phone: 319-230-8789 email@example.com
Includes these counties: Allamakee, Blackhawk, Bremer, Butler, Cerro
Gordo, Chickasaw, Clayton, Floyd, Fayette, Grundy, Howard, Mitchell, and
|District 7 – South Central Indianola Middle School
Weigh in time: All Grades 7-8 AM Blake Fieldhouse
403 South 15th St
Contact: Matt Young
Phone 515-681-3262 firstname.lastname@example.org
Includes these counties: Clarke, Dallas, Decatur, Lucas, Madison, Polk,
Warren, and Wayne
|District 4 – Mid East Cedar Rapids Prairie High School
Weigh in time: All Grades from 7-8 AM 401 76th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Contact: Dee or Larry Hardin
Phone: 319-396-8484 LHa9391608@aol.com
Includes these counties: Benton, Buchanan, Delaware, Iowa, Johnson, Jones,
Linn, and Tama
|District 8 – Southwest Glenwood High School
Weigh in time Grades 3-6 from 7-8 AM 504 E Sharp St.
Grades 7-8 from 11 AM – 12 PM Glenwood, IA 51534
Contact: Matt Fletcher
Phone: 402-960-6840 email@example.com
Includes these counties: Adair, Adams, Audubon, Carroll Cass,
Crawford, Fremont, Guthrie, Harrison, Mills, Monona, Montgomery,
Page, Pottawattomie, Ringgold, Union, Shelby, and Taylor
2022 AAU GIRLS STATE
FEBRUARY 27, 2022
WELLS FARGO ARENA, DES MOINES
DIVISONS AND WEIGHT CLASS:
Division A: Grade: 3-4: Periods 1-1-1 50, 58, 65, 73, 82, 91, 100, 115, 115.1+ ***
Division B: Grade: 5-6: Periods 1-1-1 73, 82, 91, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 170, 170.1+ ***
Division C: Grade: 7-8: Periods 2-1-1 85, 95, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 175.1+ ***
Division D: Grade: 9-12: Periods 2-2-2 100, 107, 114,120, 126, 132, 138 ,145, 152, 165, 185, 185+***
K-2nd grade divisions are incorporated with AAU Super Pee-Wee – Young Arena – Waterloo, IA
*We reserve the right to combine weight classes that have 3 or less wrestlers.
**At the highest weight-in each division we would create a new bracket if we had a dramatic difference in weight (typically greater than 15% difference in body weight)
***It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian and coach to determine if a wrestler should safely participate on the mat. You may forfeit or withdraw your wrestler at any time over safety concerns.
AWARDS: TOP EIGHT RECIEVES PLACEMENTS MEDAL. CHAMPION RECIEVES AAU STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WALL CHART AND A CHAMPIONSHIP AWARD!!
WEIGH-INS: IOWA EVENT CENTER, 233 Center St, Des Moines, IA 50309. Saturday February 26, 2022, 5-8 pm. Must weigh-in in singlet. Please verify spelling of wrestler’s name and make changes at weigh-ins. If updates are made, it will be announced through TrackWrestling email system.
Registration: Entry fee is $35 online registration at www.trackwrestling.com. Deadline is February 23rd,2022. MUST BRING AAU Cards, PROOF OF GRADE, & Birth Certificate to weigh ins or upon request during competition. All AAU cards must be purchased prior to weigh-ins.—NOT sold at door. Purchase online at: www.aausports.org AAU card is not proof of age.
Eligibility: Registrations are limited to Iowa Residents and previous Team Iowa Members. Exceptions will be voted upon by committee and only made to support event brackets or to provide an opportunity to further grow Iowa women’s wrestling.
Admission: $15.00 adults/$10 student (ages 5-12)/ Free for kids 5 &under. Tickets can be purchased at Wells Fargo Arena.
Coaches: Coaches must have an AAU card to be on the mat. Coaches’ bands will be $20 and includes admission for Sunday and access to the mats. Floor pass: $25 This allows you onto the floor but not onto the mats. Passes picked up at weigh-ins and admission at Wells Fargo Arena.
Doors will open at 7 am, Grand March 8am, and Wrestling will begin at 8:30 am
All matches will be wrestled using the numeric match system on TrackWrestling. Each weight class will be assigned a mat that they will wrestle for most of the day. Matches will move as mats open and will be announced.
Certified Officials and Trainers. Head gear not required. Mouth guards are required for braces. Folk style tournament rules apply identically to AAU Kids State.
There will be “NO MINIMUM WAIT TIME” for participants in both the AAU KIDS STATE AND AAU GIRLS STATE. Those participating in both must contact Director Loyd with intensions, so actual scale weight may be obtained.
No coolers or food containers are allowed in the auditorium.
A professional photographer will be providing podium pictures for purchase.
Flo Streaming details to be released at later date
Make sure any skin conditions are controlled and covered with a doctor’s note.
Event T-shirt: A flyer will be emailed as event approaches via email list generated from track wrestling registrations. These are to be purchased online and are to be picked up at Girl’s State weigh-ins. They will not be for sale at the event. 100% of all sales goes toward “Iowa AAU Girls Wrestling”.
Questions? Contact: AAU Girls Director: Jason Loyd firstname.lastname@example.org