2021 Iowa AAU State Tournament Schedule:
In an attempt to allow for social distancing, the Iowa AAU State Wrestling Tournament will be a three day tournament for this year only. This will allow fans to be able to attend in person to watch their wrestlers while keeping the crowds in Wells Fargo Arena at any one time to an appropriate level to maintain social distancing. More information will be released soon. The schedule to be followed for the 2021 AAU State Tournament is as follows:
**All Weigh Ins Will be in Hall “A” of HyVee Hall
C Division Grades 7-8
Weigh Ins: Thursday, Feb. 25th From 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Wrestle: Friday, Feb. 26th at 8:00 AM Until Completion
B Division Grades 5-6
Weigh Ins: Friday, Feb. 26th From 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Wrestle: Saturday, Feb. 27th at 8:00 AM Until Completion
A Division Grades 3-4 & Girls Division
Weigh Ins: Saturday, Feb. 27th From 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Wrestle: Sunday, Feb. 28th at 8:00 AM Until Completion
AAU District Info Sheets:
Iowa AAU Kids State Tournament
Feb. 26th – 28th, 2021 Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines
State Qualifying District Tournaments
February 7th, 2021
Divisions and Weight Classes (All Wrestlers Weigh in Singlet at Districts & State)
- Weights listed are the upper limits for each class. You must make the same weight at state as the weight class in which you qualified at Districts.
- Wrestlers are allowed to enter only one age division and weight class. Wrestlers can move up one grade division or weight class with parent consent. Grade in school is the primary determinant of division. Age can move a wrestler up a division but not down.
- Match Times: A & B Divisions: 1-1-1 C Division: 1.5-1.5-1.5
A Division – 3RD & 4TH Grade: 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 70, 74, 78, 82, 86, 90, 94, 98, 105, 115, 130, 150, 175(MAX)
If your 12th birthday is in 2021 you must move up a division. 2nd graders may enter with parent consent. NO 1st graders
B Division – 5TH & 6TH Grade: 60, 65, 70, 74, 78, 82, 86, 90, 94, 98, 103, 108, 114, 120, 128, 138, 148, 160, 180, 215(MAX)
If your 14th birthday is in 2021 you must move up a division.
C Division – 7TH & 8TH Grade: 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 260 (MAX)
If your 16th birthday is in 2021 you are ineligible. No 9th Graders.
Brackets & Match Times
Districts: 6 or less wrestlers: Round Robin. Above six wrestlers brackets will be 8, 16, or 32 man cross bracket. Wrestlers will be assigned by random draw and wrestlers from same club will be separated as much as possible. We wrestle out to 5th place. No 2nd place wrestle back. Will wrestle to true 4th.
Top 4 finishers at each weight qualify for state. If any of the top 4 do not signup, next in order of finish become eligible.
State: Wrestlers are placed in bracket according to a rotating formula using district finishes. Wrestle through 8 places. No 2nd place wrestle back.
Top 4 medal at Districts. Top 8 medal at State. State Champions earn a State Champion Backpack
AAU Club awards at state based on club size.
- Must bring 2021 AAU card to District Tournament.
- All AAU cards must be purchased prior to Districts—NOT sold at door. Purchase online at: www.aausports.org.
- You must bring a copy of your Birth Certificate to districts to be allowed to wrestle. AAU card is not proof of age.
- Team you register to wrestle for at Districts is same team you will wrestle for at State. You cannot change after Districts.
- $20.00 entry fee if register in advance at: www.trackwrestling.com
- $30.00 to enter at door. NO Mail In Entries
- District Admission: $5.00 adults. Free for kids 5 & under.
- Coaches: AAU (adult) card will get you free admission to districts. Coaches band is $10.
- $30.00 Entry fee.
- Must enter for State at Districts on the day you qualify. State info will be given at districts once you qualify.
*****AAU card required to coach at State & Districts
Questions: Email Wes Creason at: email@example.com
- Wrestlers must provide copy of AAU Card and Birth Certificate at Districts.
- No Wrestlers below 2nd grade at Districts
- No individual petition to change district or wrestle outside your district will granted for any reason.
- AAU clubs must be on file by districts to be eligible for team awards at state.
- You must enter district qualifier for your county of residence unless your school is in another district in which case you may enter district tournament that your school is in. In this case you must have copy of your report card as proof of your school.
- You must be an Iowa resident or be enrolled in an Iowa school to be eligible. Bring proof of enrollment if not an Iowa resident.
- Siblings from the same household must wrestle in the same district.
- All AAU club members must register at districts to represent your club at state.
- All wrestlers must weigh in wearing a singlet. If you weigh more or less than the weight class you registered for via TrackWrestling for districts, you can change weight classes at the tournament during weigh ins.
- Any violation of age, grade, or residence requirement will result in disqualification for the state tournament.
District Qualifying Sites
- Sites are listed below
- You can only attempt to qualify at your district (county where you live or you go to school) not the county in which your club is located
- Find your district and register at: www.trackwrestling.com
- Deadline to Register on Trackwrestling: Friday, February 5th at Midnight
- Do NOT mail entry. $20.00 online entry; $30.00 walk in
|District 1 – Northwest Long Lines Rec Center
Weigh in time: 7:00 – 8:00 401 Gordon Dr.
Contact: Scott Wirtz Sioux City, IA 51102
Phone: 712-298-0936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Includes counties of: Buena Vista, Cherokee, Clay, Dickinson, Emmet, Ida,
Kossuth, Lyon, O’Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Plymouth, Pocahontas,
Sioux, and Woodbury.
|District 5 – East Bettendorf HS
Weigh in time: 7:00 – 8:00 3333 18th St
Contact: Mark or Kathy Trizzino Bettendorf, IA 52722
Phone: 563-349-4245 [C] email@example.com
Includes counties of: Cedar, Clinton, Dubuque, Jackson, Louisa,
Muscatine, Scott, and Des Moines
|District 2 – North Central Humboldt High School
Weigh in time: 7:00 – 8:00 1500 Wildcat Rd
Contact: Chad Beaman Humboldt, IA 50548
Phone: 515-368-3511 firstname.lastname@example.org
Includes these counties: Boone, Calhoun, Franklin, Greene, Hamilton,
Hancock, Hardin, Humboldt, Marshall, Story, Tama, Webster, Winnebago,
|District 6 – Southeast Washington High School
Weigh in time: 7:00 – 8:00 1111 South B Ave. Contact: Mike Bowlin Washington, IA 52353
Cell#: 319-471-2832 Southeastdistrict6@aol.com
Includes these counties: Appanoose, Davis, Henry, Jasper, Jefferson,
Keokuk, Lee, Mahaska, Marion, Monroe, Poweshiek, Van Buren,
Wapello, and Washington
|District 3 – Northeast Waverly-Shell Rock HS
Weigh in time: 7:00 – 8:00 1405 4th Ave SW
Contact: Zach Zimmerman Waverly, IA 50677
Phone: 319-230-8789 email@example.com
Includes these counties: Allamakee, Blackhawk, Bremer, Butler, Cerro
Gordo, Chickasaw, Clayton, Floyd, Fayette, Grundy, Howard, Mitchell,
Winneshiek, and Worth
|District 7 – South Central Indianola Middle School
Weigh in time: 7:00 – 8:00 Blake Fieldhouse
Contact: Matt Young 403 South 15th St
Phone 515-681-3262 firstname.lastname@example.org
Includes these counties: Clarke, Dallas, Decatur, Lucas, Madison, Polk,
Ringgold, Union, Warren, and Wayne
|District 4 – Mid East Benton High School
Weigh in time: 7:00 – 8:00 600 1st Ave
Van Horne, IA 52346
Contact: Dee or Larry Hardin
Phone: 319-396-8484 LHa9391608@aol.com
Includes these counties: Benton, Buchanan, Delaware, Iowa, Johnson,
Linn, and Jones
|District 8 – Southwest Glenwood High School
Weigh in time 7:00 – 8:00 504 E Sharp St.
Contact: Matt Fletcher Glenwood, IA 51534
Phone: 402-960-6840 email@example.com
Includes these counties: Adair, Adams, Audubon, Carroll Cass,
Crawford, Fremont, Guthrie, Harrison, Mills, Monona, Montgomery,
Page, Pottawattomie, Sac, Shelby, and Taylor