Junior Logan Thomsen (La Porte City) was named the Iowa Conference’s Male Athlete of the Week and the wrestler of the week, the conference office announced today.
Logan Thomsen, Wartburg College
Jr., 157lbs., La Porte City, Iowa / Union
- Upset the #2 ranked wrestler in DIII on his way to winning the 157 bracket at the Concordia (Wis.) Open
- First round, won by fall 0:55 over Jack Rathburn (MSOE)
- Second round, won by tech fall 19-3 over Joe Cook (UW-Stevens Point)
- Quarterfinals, won a 4-3 dec vs Brett Scoles (UW-Parkside, DII)
- Semifinals, won a 5-3 dec vs #2 Nick Bova (Wabash) …
- Finals, won by medical forfeit vs Mark Choinski (UW-Oshkosh)
- Thomsen currently ranked sixth at 157 and remains undefeated in DIII.